The Haverhill VFW Lorraine Post 29 was Chartered in 1917. We are currently looking for new members to take us into the next 100 years! We hold monthly meetings on the Last Sunday of the Month at 10am and continuing the ongoing work within the community to better Veterans quality of life and carry on the benefits fought for and won by previous generations of Veterans who have gone before us.
Our Mission: To foster camaraderie among United States veterans of overseas conflicts. To serve our veterans, the military and our communities. To advocate on behalf of all veterans.
Our Vision: Ensure that veterans are respected for their service, always receive their earned entitlements, and are recognized for the sacrifices they and their loved ones have made on behalf of this great country.
- Budget: Secure full funding for programs and services for veterans, service members and their families by ending sequestration.
- Health Care: Ensure veterans have timely access to high quality, comprehensive and veteran-centric health care, and secure sufficient funding for the VA Health Care System.
- Women Veterans: Expand women’s health care services to all VA medical centers to ensure the growing number of women veterans have access to gender-specific services.
- Suicide Prevention & Homelessness: Work with VA, DOD and Congress to reduce the rate of suicide and homelessness among veterans.
- VA Benefits & Compensation: Ensure veterans and their dependents have timely access to earned benefits.
- Seamless Transition: Improve education, employment and transition programs so veterans have an opportunity to obtain meaningful employment after leaving military service.
- Military Quality of Life: Fight to maintain a quality and comprehensive benefits and retirement package that is the backbone for an all-volunteer force.
- Education & Employment: Fight to sustain G.I. Bill benefits and insist on strengthening USERRA. Continue to improve licensing and credentialing for military skills.
- Defense & Homeland Security: Fully support the troops and their mission in the war on terrorism, and to secure U.S. borders against all enemies, both foreign and domestic, who are intent on doing us harm.
- POW/MIA: Achieve the fullest possible accounting of America’s 83,000 MIAs from World War II forward.
Those serving honorably in the U.S. Armed Forces in a foreign war or overseas operation recognized by a campaign medal, in Korea after June 30, 1949, and recipients of hostile-fire or imminent danger pay. Veterans of World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, Persian Gulf, Somalia, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq and other smaller expeditionary campaigns, as well as occupation duty, qualify. (See below form for more details)
For more information contact the Commander Keith Gopsill at Cmd@vfw29.org or call him at 978-373-1900.
Membership Form Download –
(click on the link above, then check your download folder for VFW Membership form)